Unitronic Tuned Audi TT RS Victorious At 2019 One Lap Of America
Two performance racing fans and customers of Unitronic, manufacturers of tuning products and software, got their thrill of a lifetime when their 2018 Audi TT RS won the 2019 One Lap Of America, an eight day competition that includes about 4,000 miles of driving on six different race tracks in more than 18 different contested events.
Micaiah Hackbarth and Pete Jankowiak lived a performance fanatic’s dream thanks to the results of an Unitronic Stage 2 tuning and RS 3.2.5TFSI EVO. The duo had to beat a field of 77 competitors that consisted of some of the greatest high performance vehicles on the planet including a 2018 McLaren 720S, a 2018 Porsche GT2 RS, three Porsche GT3 RSs, a Nissan GTR that generates 1000-horsepower, a Dodge Viper ACR and more.
Hackbarth and co-pilot Brandon Ranvek guided the car.
The achievements of the Audi’s victorious run included:
- First place overall finish
- First Place in Class SGT-1 SB
- Second Place finish on Day One, Event Two at Grissom Air Force Base
- Fifth Place finish on Day two, Event One at Nelson Ledges
- Fifth Place finish on Day Two, Event Two at Nelson Ledges
- Seventh Place finish on Day Three, Event One at Road America
- Sixth Place finish on Day Three, Event 2 at Road America
- Second Place finish on Day 4, Event One at Brainerd International Raceway
- First Place finish on Day 4, Event Two at Brainerd International Raceway
- Second Place finish on Day Four, Event Three at Brainerd Drag Racing
- Fourth Place Tie on Day 4, Event 4 at Brainerd Drag Racing
- First Place finish on Day 5, Event one at Motorsports Park Hastings
- Third Place finish on Day Five, Event two at Motorsports Park Hastings
- Third Place finish on Day Seven, Event One at NCM Motorsport Park
- First Place finish on Day Seven, Event Two at NCM Motorsports Park
- Second Place finish on Day Seven, Event Three at NCM Motorsports Park
Jankowiak along with co-pilot Dana Basinski were in a 2017 Audi RS3 that Unitronic products and software prepared that finished 13th overall and third place in class SGT-1 SB and Luxury Sedan.
The accomplishments of the 2017 Audi RS3 included:
- Thirteenth Place Overall
- Third Place in Class SGT-1 SB
- Eighth Place finish on Day One, Event One at Tire Rack Dry Kid Pad
- Ninth Place finish on Day Four, Event Two at Brainerd International Raceway
- Third Place finish on Day Four, Event Three at Brainerd Drag Racing
- Eighth Place Finish on Day Five, Event One at Motorsports Park Hastings
- First Place finish on Day Five, Event Two at Motorsports Park Hastings
- Ninth Place finish on Day Seven, Event Two at NCM Motorsports Park
- Ninth Place finish on Day Seven, Event Three at NCM Motorsports Park
Unitronic is offering its TCU Performance Software for the 7-speed DQ500 S tronic® DSG® transmission used in the 2017 Audi RS3 and 2018 and later Audi TTRS and Software for a 2.0 TSI Audi A4, A4 Allroad, A5 Coupe and Sportback. The performance software is compatible with UniCONNECT+, a Unitronic product that permits users to tune their vehicle directly through the OBD-2 port. A job that could normally take hours is completed in minutes in your own garage.
The TCU Performance Software features:
- Two Stages
- End-User Programmable with UniCONNECT+
- Optimized D and Sport Modes
- Quicker Gear Shifts
- Adjustable Launch Control
- Launch Control Engagement Limit Unlocked
There is also a stage two only version that features:
- Raised Torque Limiters
- Increased Clutch Clamping Pressure
The 2.0 TSI software features:
- Improvement of engine response and reduces low-end lag
- Ignition Timing calibrated for higher Octane fuel
- Optimized Maximum Output
- Retained Factory Safety Limiters
- A large flat torque plateau for smoother and linear power.
- Removal of the speed governor
- Improved Fuel Efficiency
- Engineered to Industry Standards
- Extensively Tested
The Unitronic products are available through ModdedEuros.com.