Integrated Engineering B8 Audi S4 Breaks Quarter Mile Record
Integrated Engineering’s (IE) proprietary software and flash tune tool was used to boost the performance capability of an Audi B8 S4 with a 3.0-liter turbo engine and it set a new quarter mile record time of 10.643 at 128.33-mph.
The IE flash tune tool, software and new equipment enhanced the car with a Stage 2 Dual Pulley Throttle Body Tune and matching hardware and the car didn’t break the record once, it beat it run after run with the record time being set on the car’s last run.
The achievement occurred with not only the assistance of the ECU software, it was performed with off-the-shelf bolt-on parts and sticky tires anyone can buy at a tire store. The modifications reduced the car’s weight somewhat, too.
The complete vehicle modifications included:
- Stage 2 Dual Pulley Tune (E40 Fuel Map)
- DSG tune
- Throttle Body upgrade
- Supercharger Pulley
- Crank Pulley
- Cold Air Intake
- Prototype High Pressure Fuel Pump
- Divorced Cooling System
- Heat Exchanger
- Lightweight battery
The company noted that the front passenger and rear seats were removed to reduce weight.
The runs were done at a track in Sacramento, California that has an altitude of 100 feet on a spring day in which the temperature was 74°F and humidity was 49 percent.
Integrated Engineering, located in Salt Lake City, Utah, offers a direct port flash tune tool that can be used to enhance the performance of a plethora of Audi and Volkswagen models as long as its software is included to program the tunes.
The software, laptop, and flash tuning tools permit you to:
- Boost the horsepower and torque
- Switch between different octanes
- Increase RPM
- Tune the car in minutes without special tools
- Boost pressure for faster launch
- Increase revolution limiters
- Remove top speed limits
- Return to stock anytime
Flash tuning tools are available to enhance a number of Volkswagen and Audi automobiles including:
- 2015 and later MK7 GTI, GLI with 8V and A3 engines
- MK7 Golf R with 8V and S3 2.0-liter turbo engines (IS38)
- 2015-2018 GTI, A3 and 2015-2017 Golf R/S3 with DSG (DQ250) transmission
- 2019 and later GTI, GLI, and A3 with DSG (DQ381) transmission
- B8/B.5 S4. S5, C7, A6, SQ5, Q5, Q7 with 3.0-liter turbo engine
- 2010-2016 S-Tronic Transmission
- 8V, RS3, and 8S TTRS with 2.5-liter 5 cylinder turbo engine
- Audi B8/B8.5, A4, A5, 8R, Q5, C7, A6 B8/B8.5 with 2.0-liter turbo engine
- MK6, GOLF R and 8J TTS with 2.0-liter FSI turbo
- VW MK6 GTI, Jetta, GLI, B6, Passat, 3C CC, 5N Tiguan and Audi 8P A3 with a 2.0-liter TSI turbo engine
- VW MK6 GTI, Jetta, GLI, and AUDI 8J TTS with a DSG (DQ250) transmission
- VW MK5 GTI, Jetta, GLI, B6 Passat and Audi 8J TT, 8P A3 with a 2.0-liter turbo FSI engine
- VW Rabbit Golf, Jetta, Passat, Sportwagen, and New Beetle with a 3.5-liter 5-cylinder (07K) engine
- VW MK5 and MK6 with 2.5-liter engine and automatic transmission
- VW MK5 R32 and Audi 8P A3 with 3.2-liter VR6 engine
Many of the flash tuning tools offer stage 1 and 2 tuning options.
If you’re looking to improve the performance of your Audi or Volkswagen, jump over to ModdedEuros.com to take advantage of the Integrated Engineering products.