On the side of your tire you will see many numbers. One set of numbers is the tire size. It will have a three-digit number followed by a two-digit number followed by another two-digit number.
An example of this is…. 205/45/R17
- The first number is the width of the tire tread in millimeters
- The second number is the ratio of that is the side way height to the width
- The third number is the wheel diameter in inches
- The R before the last two digit number stands for radial construction
After the tire size there will be a two-digit number followed by a letter.
An example of this is 94H
- The number represents the load index
- The letter represents the speed rating